In the second of this series of excerpts from Benoy Behl’s documentaries for Doordarshan on the subject of The PAintings of India we have films covering miniature painting in India.
In India the miniature painting became something of a speciality, and it was refined to exquisite heights by painters from all over India, over a period of centuries.
The subject list for this second playlist is as follows:
- The Delicate Beauty of Miniatures
- Confluence of Cultures (Moghul miniature painting)
- Royal Splendour (Moghul painting at its height)
- Exuberance of Life (miniatures of Malwa, etc.)
- Murals of Rajasthan
- Colours of the Desert (miniatures of Rajasthan)
- The Enchanted Hills (miniatures of Basoli, etc.)
- Poetry of the Hills (miniatures of Kashmir)
- Magic of the Deccan (miniatures of the Deccan)
if the video does not appear on the page, please first try reloading the page, and if that doesn’t work, leave a comment so I can update the page (the comment is not published)